Re: problem with wget -O

On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 01:45:34PM -0500, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 01:40:19PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > I don't know if this has been hashed out already, but the stretch version
> > of wget is broken, does not accept the -O filename syntax.

Gene, you've been here a while, so you should know better than this.
If you're reporting a problem with a command that you ran, please show
us the actual command *and* its full output (unless that output is
really large, in which case, just show the interesting parts).

> Are you sure you have the right wget?  It works for me:

My first guess is that Gene either mistyped the command, or used a URL
that has an ampersand (&) character in it, without quoting it.