Re: problem with wget -O

On Monday 25 January 2021 13:53:48 Greg Wooledge wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 01:45:34PM -0500, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 01:40:19PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > > I don't know if this has been hashed out already, but the stretch
> > > version of wget is broken, does not accept the -O filename syntax.
>
> Gene, you've been here a while, so you should know better than this.
> If you're reporting a problem with a command that you ran, please show
> us the actual command *and* its full output (unless that output is
> really large, in which case, just show the interesting parts).
>
> > Are you sure you have the right wget?  It works for me:
>
> My first guess is that Gene either mistyped the command, or used a URL
> that has an ampersand (&) character in it, without quoting it.

Why Greg, do you seem to always blame the messenger?

direct copy/paste from the opencv build instructions html page:
wget -O opencv.zip https://github.com/opencv/opencv/archive/master.zip
wget -O opencv_contrib.zip https://github.com/opencv/opencv_contrib/archive/master.zip

And from a previous message, I have exactly the same version number
that Just Works for someone else.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis