Re: audio support in libvirt with qemu/kvm

Rainer Dorsch writes:

Am Sonntag, 24. Januar 2021, 23:04:54 CET schrieb Linux-Fan:
> Rainer Dorsch writes:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I created a virtual machine using libvirt with qemu/kvm. To make it
> > simple, I installed a Debian 10 guest on a Debian 10 host. I am
> > wondering, if it is possible to access (pulse-)audio from the guest.

[...]

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried again and it seems sound works now :-)

I also used virt-manager, but I did not find any sound devices in there. Are
you using Debian 10? virt-manager from stable or stable-backports? Where do
you see the "Sound ich9" device?

[...]

Open the VM in virt-manager, go to View > Details and then it either appears in the left pane (see attached screenshot if it makes it to the list...) or you can click on "Add Hardware" at the bottom left corner and then chose "Sound" from the left panel to add a virtual sound device.

I am using Debian 10 stable "Help > About" says version 2.0.0 of virt- manager. Debian package virt-manager is at version 1:2.0.0-3.

Various screenshots can be found on my KVM+virt-manager page at:
https://masysma.lima-city.de/37/how_to_transition_from_virtualbox_to_kvm.xhtml

HTH
Linux-Fan

öö