Re: Help me setup home-office hardware with free software

Pankaj Jangid wrote:

> 3. I’ll also put these machine to serve local copy of all my data. I’ll
> synchronize it with some cloud space. I need recommendations for
> reliable hard disks. A combination of SSD/HDD to balance between
> cost, performance and reliability will probably be best. But I really
> don’t know much about the hardware.

whatever you take use raid. I use SSD when it needs faster write access. I
use spinning disks for backup and data that is not read that often or does
not need fast access. there were few thread around regarding storage here
on the list AFAIK.