Re: Debian WSL

On 19/1/2021 6:18 pm, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote
Updating should be exactly the same: the critical thing is that the kernel remains the one provided by Microsoft, I think, and doesn't update from Debian.
Thank for the information. I never know kernel on WSL are provided by microsoft.

Why podman particularly? Is this because you must be compatible with Red Hat
somewhere?
Podman just like docker but no need to give root access to daemon (docker) and podman are daemonless. Yes, you are right, I compatible and familiar with fedora way. I have bad experience with docker so, I try to avoid using it. So I prefer podman.

Essentially, you're running containers on virtualisation on virtualisation. [Podman -> WSL2 -> HyperV shim -> Windows] so performance may
not be great. Fine for a trial but probably not ideal for heavier use. Find a
Linux box somewhere, maybe.
I use for trial only. Seem (already upgrade to bulleye and install podman) much better do it like this, in term of battery usage. I tried with linux on vm before but it use lot of battery in background. So I'm okey with this setup.

Hope this helps, all the very best

Andy C.

Thank you Andy

--
Robbi Nespu

PGP fingerprint : D311 B5FF EEE6 0BE8 9C91 FA9E 0C81 FA30 3B3A 80BA
PGP public key  : https://keybase.io/robbinespu/pgp_keys.asc