Re: Debian and Android

On 1/17/21 6:57 AM, Celejar wrote:
On 17 Jan 2021 10:41:07 GMT
Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:

On 2021-01-16, Dale Amon <amon@vnl.com> wrote:
I simply want to drag my photos from the phone over a USB mount
and store them on my laptop.

If both your phone and your laptop are on the same LAN:

https://snapdrop.net/

https://github.com/RobinLinus/snapdrop/blob/master/docs/faq.md

Convenient and easy to use, so probably will be detested by the usual
curmudgeons of the group.

Security concerns do seem minimal, though, and I tried the app a couple
of times and it did work simply and nicely.
Huh - that looks neat! I have Syncthing set up to do my file
transferring between phone, laptop, and servers,
+1 Syncthing
but this certainly
looks like a useful solution for situations where one just needs a
quick and simple way to do a file transfer.

Thanks,

Celejar