Re: old red cables cause Disk errors ...

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 07:03:54PM -0500, Michael Stone wrote:
On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 05:46:03PM -0600, Dennis Wicks wrote:
Well, this is all very interesting! I have *two* SATALink/SATARaid expansion cards and neither of them have any red cables! They are at pci addresses 05:00 and 05:01! How do I tell which is which?

Pull one out. :-)

Sorry, couldn't resist, then didn't finish sending. If you ls -l /sys/block you should see your disk device names (sda etc) as symlinks to device paths. The last XXXX:XX:XX.X element before something like ata1 should correspond to the lspci output (so probably 0000:05:00.0 and 0000:05:01.0). If you know what disks are on what controller that will answer your question.
cat /sys/block/DEVICENAME/device/wwid
(where DEVICENAME is something like sda) will usually have the serial number as the last part, which can help identifying disks. If it's doing hardware raid then there's going to be a more device-specific answer.

FYI, pulling one out probably won't actually help because they'll renumber.