Re: potus@lists.debian.org

Sir,

Are you suggesting that the usenet be re-invented?  :-(

Usenet is a decentralized e-mail based network system of communication
conceived around the time that ARPANET was initiated ('70s) that has no
central administrative body, and thus cannot be suppressed.  Because of this
inherent inability to monetize it, ISPs dropped bundling usenet as part of
their subscriber services about a decade ago, similar to Verizon's dropping
Yahoo Groups December 15, 2020.  You may be familiar with Google Groups that
carries a free usenet feed.

Today, usenet still exists albeit a skeleton of its former incarnation.
There are free News Network Transfer Protocol (NNTP) servers available such
as nntp.aioe.org and  free-usenet.com, and paid servers like
news.giganews.com.  There are free news reading clients such as Thunderbird
and Forte Agent, and the venerable rn for *nix platforms.

So, what you seek has existed for decades, and is still viable as a forum
for free speech as it always has been.

Here's a clue: https://www.google.com/search?client=none&q=usenet

Best regards,
Larry Dighera