Re: potus@lists.debian.org

I mean complete implementation of social network via email.

I'm aware of news groups. What I however mean is full decentralized
implementation of Facebook like social network via email.

Depopopularization of news groups is also because of advent of social
media. Facebook group is simialiar to news group and you give it with
your Facebook account.

I have been thinking of open source social networks like diaspora or
mastodont. What was blocker in my case is that sever node is also part
of account login name. If server is out of service  you need to create
another account on different server from scratch.

Acctually the same is for email provider if you do not have your own
domain for email. But if group of people have DNS domain for email then
you do not need to match server-account pair.

For example I have my own domain and I can switch email provider, so I
could switch provider of social network server.

In fact as URL is not only email aware you could also use for example
phone as identifier of your account and provide resolving of phone
number to social network server.

Sincerely,
   Marek Mosiewicz