Re: AMD Radeon 6490M

LuKaRo composed on 2021-01-04 17:58 (UTC+0100):

> Felix Miata wrote:

> I'd be comfortable with blacklisting the NVidia graphics and just using the
> Intel one for example. I just don't know how to do this. Maybe with some kind
> of special Xorg config?

Try appending to the kernel command line in Grub:

	radeon.modeset=0

This will disable KMS for the ATI GPU only, leaving it enabled for the Intel.
If it doesn't help, upload Xorg.0.log again.

> Xorg.0.log: https://termbin.com/x15x dmesg:
> https://termbin.com/uc85

Your Xorg.0.log suggests you may have conflicts somewhere in /etc/X11/xorg.con*.
If xorg.conf or files in xorg.conf.d/ contain sections for Device, Monitor and/or
Screen, try removing such files. Uploading any that exist might explain what's
been happening or not.

What bothers me most about the log is the string "ntel" does not appear in
it. Second place, in dmesg I recognize only two strings containing ntel that
apply to video.
--
Evolution as taught in public schools, like religion,
	is based on faith, not on science.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/