Re: Installation instructions.

On Sat 05 Dec 2020 at 09:34:14 (+1100), David wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Dec 2020 at 08:12, David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > With such a small disk, I'd try modifying that suggestion:
>
> Thanks for adding that, my attention was focussed on just
> getting the installer working in a minimal way and I completely
> forgot to adapt my instructions to fit Peter's desired partition layout.

No, you followed Peter all right. I was going to make my suggestion to
one of his posts, but was still checking my notes from when I played
around with this type of installation process. That was with jessie
(for which I never burnt a CD) on my Pentium III, which doesn't know
how to boot from a stick. I was also reviewing his posts to see
whether he'd earlier expressed a need for a separate /boot partition
(I believe not).

I always leave my (encrypted) /home partition out of any new
installation, because any interference with the LUKS header
could be terminal. So all my systems have an occluded home
directory of three files, hidden under the /home mountpoint.

Cheers,
David.