Re: mdadm usage

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 09:44:09PM +0100, deloptes wrote:
It depends. For example on the machine at home with LSI adapter that
provides the speed of SATA II I do not see any benefit of using SSD except
power saving

The improvement in seek times typically makes for a dramatic improvement in usability and user experience, regardless of maximum transfer rate. Replacing an SSD with an HD will usually breathe new life into an old system; people tend to dramatically underestimate how much I/O wait impacts performance. If you've got enough RAM to cache the entire working disk then this will be much less noticeable, except on boot, but that's usually not the case on desktop systems.