Re: mdadm usage

On Ma, 29 dec 20, 21:37:01, Thomas A. Anderson wrote:

> I have been using it for years, and while not a bad "thing," in
> retrospect, not sure it actually meant my critieria (eh, who knows,
> maybe it did), but now I have a more clear use case, basically to have a
> clean backup. I was using RAID1 as a "pseudo" backup, which I guess kind
> of worked, but I should use a specific backup solution.

Automatic mirroring / synchronizing is unsuitable for backups, because
it will also sync accidental changes to files (including deletions) or
filesystem corruptions in case of power outage or system crash (that may
lead to corrupted files or entire directories "disappearing").

(speaking from experience here)

See also http://taobackup.com

Kind regards,
Andrei