Re: Debian 10 64bit

On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 04:02:31PM +0100, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 09:51:37AM -0500, Jerry Mellon wrote:
> > Hi,
> > When I installed Debian 10 the %sudo ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL had a "#" in
> > front of it. Does the "%" have the same function as the "#"?
>
> No: "#" indicates a comment, i.e. that line is commented out. You'd
> have to remove the "#" (not the "%", though) to make it effective.

How did you (Jerry) end up with this configuration?  This is not
normal as far as I know.  I can't imagine any Debian developer wrote
a postinst script that would comment out individual lines in the
/etc/sudoers file.

I'm guessing there is more to this story than you're telling us.  Either
you didn't install Debian (perhaps you installed Raspbian or something),
or you modified the sudoers file during or after the installation, or
you inherited this system from someone else who modified it....