Re: Debian 10 64bit

On Tue 15 Dec 2020 at 19:33:53 (+0100), john doe wrote:
> On 12/15/2020 6:34 PM, Tixy wrote:

> > > That doesn't look to be the case anymore, I just installed Buster with
> > > Mate and sudo is installed.

(Already refuted.)

> > Because sudo is a recommended package of task-desktop, which is a
> > dependency of task-mate-desktop. But if you gave it a root password
> > during install then it didn't add the user you created at install time
> > into the 'sudo' group, so no user can use sudo.

Not until root configures it, (which *could* involve adding users
to the sudo group).

> > (This does make me
> > wonder why 'sudo' is recommended by task-desktop in the first place.)

I can't answer that as I don't run any DE.

> Or at the very least, if  sudo is installed having it configured with
> the user added to the sudo group regardless of if a root password is set.

It would appear that you don't understand any other manner in which
sudo can be configured besides just bestowing on a user the power of
%sudo ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL  with membership of the sudo group. It takes
man sudoers    over 2400 lines to describe its flexibility.

Cheers,
David.