Re: Debian 10 64bit

On Ma, 15 dec 20, 11:36:50, john doe wrote:
> On 12/15/2020 10:19 AM, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> >
> > The Debian Installer will configure 'sudo' for the first user only if
> > you leave the root password blank. This is explained during the install.
>
> That doesn't look to be the case anymore, I just installed Buster with
> Mate and sudo is installed.

configure =/= installed ;)

In this particular case, by "configure" I mean the user created during
the install (typically uid=1000) is added to group 'sudo', since the
default /etc/sudoers already contains:

    # Allow members of group sudo to execute any command
    %sudo	ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL

Kind regards,
Andrei