Re: Select which system to boot while rebooting

On Thu, 10 Dec 2020 10:29:02 +0100 (GMT+01:00)
PstrfZ <pastrufazio@gmail.com> wrote:

> On the same machine I need to host three operating systems, all
>  debian-based.  Is it possible to select which system to boot
>  while rebooting? (My intent is then to reboot the selected system
>  by sending the command via SSH)

In addition to the other replies about grub, if your machine uses UEFI
booting, the efibootmgr utility can set the next boot OS, and on some
machines (e.g. not my Acer netbook) can set the default boot OS.

--
Joe