Re: Select which system to boot while rebooting

PstrfZ <pastrufazio@gmail.com> writes:

> On the same machine I need to host three operating systems, all
>  debian-based.  Is it possible to select which system to boot
>  while rebooting? (My intent is then to reboot the selected system
>  by sending the command via SSH)

Yes, I do this a lot in a script which hibernates Debian and reboots the
system to Windows. Part of this process selecting the OS to boot for the
next reboot only. So for my system that command is actually

grub-reboot osprober-chain-5482E5003C6F80FB

The osprober string I dug out from /boot/grub/grub.cfg. The osprober
string handy in that it doesn't change that often while the name of the
OS sometimes does.