Re: SanDisk USB stick problem

On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 08:15:05PM +1100, David wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Dec 2020 at 19:35, Joe <joe@jretrading.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 10 Dec 2020 08:26:40 +0000 Tixy <tixy@yxit.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > > Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by 'Linux partitions'.
>
> > Partitions containing Linux filesystems.

That's what we are talking about, yes.

> I understand a 'Linux partition' to be one that has a
> partition ID = 83h as discussed here:

My understanding is ye olde partition type ID numbers are basically
irrelevant comments at this point.  You can set them so that you see a
nice human-readable type name when you run "fdisk -l" or the equivalent,
but it's not actually used for anything.  You could have a Linux ext4
file system on a partition that's marked as type "Microsoft basic data"
or anything else.