Re: VPN ideas

On Mi, 09 dec 20, 19:06:27, Joe wrote:

> It's not more secure, (apart from using wifi only occasionally) but the
> kind of people looking at other peoples' network activities are more
> likely to target public wifi than to sit outside my house. It will
> require significantly more resources and risk to tap into an ISP cable
> than to sit in a cafe somewhere with a laptop (running Linux) and some
> black hat software.

Apparently you are assuming that in order to compromise your internet
connection (spy, subvert, etc.) one has to physically tap into the cable
between the ISP and your premises.

As far as I understand (from my limited knowledge of networking and
security) this would indeed make some (class of) attacks easier, but is
*not* a strict requirement.

Kind regards,
Andrei