Re: SanDisk USB stick problem

On Wed, Dec 9, 2020, 5:12 AM <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:
On Wed, Dec 09, 2020 at 10:16:46AM +0100, Thomas Schmitt wrote:

> deloptes wrote:
> > > Your idea is not bad but only in theory of a dreamer.
>
> tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> > Your life would be miserable weren't it for many such "dreamers".
>
> The problem i see is that the companies which issue questionable
> equipment obviously are not paying attention to problems and features
> of what they sell.

Definitely: everyone should pick her/his fights. I was just expressing
my (strong) disagreement with such a generalised statement, which doesn't
pay respect to those who sometimes choose the difficult path, to the
benefit of us all.

I did not take the original statement to disrespect those who contribute.
Instead I took it as a criticism of background processes in our society and economy: mass-marketing and lack-of-choice (ineffective but enforced product buy-in, in this case).

Cheers
 - t