Re: SanDisk USB stick problem

Hi,

tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> Your life would be miserable weren't it for many such "dreamers".

The problem i see is that the companies which issue questionable
equipment obviously are not paying attention to problems and features
of what they sell.

Look at the example of my 4 TB Western Digital Gold hard disk with its
Preemptive Wear Leveling click every 4 seconds.
It is a feature, it is indirectly advertised, and still the seller takes
such a disk back and hands out a new one with the same behavior.
They simply are ignorant to any problem description which accompanies a
sent-back drive.

I did not try whether they would do a second swap. My solution was to
get a noise dampened 5.25 inch enclosure for the 3.5 inch disk and to
put it into a slot which i actually planned to keep clear for better
access to the lower of the two optical drives. (I did not dare to put
the HDD in a sandwich of two burners. Now at least its bottom is in the
flow of cool air.)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas