Re: swamp rat bots Q

Hello,

On Fri, Dec 04, 2020 at 12:03:57AM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> what file do I edit to add todays
> /var/log/httpd/other_vhosts_access.log to its list of logs to
> watch.  That's the log file with the real data in it today.  And
> does it need enabled in another, different file.

Again we have been down this avenue before, but I will try one last
time.

It seems quite likely that the bot you have a problem with has the
same user agent string, or a very small variation on the same
string. If so then you can block it just with Apache.

So, can you show us a few lines of logs from your
/var/log/httpd/other_vhosts_access.log of the accesses from the
offending bot(s)?

Cheers,
Andy