Re: i386 debian to 64bit intel

On 12/3/2020 11:39 PM, Jerry Mellon wrote:
Hi,
I am new to linux and made the mistake of loading the i386 Debian
release 10 onto my 64bit intel system. I now want to put the 64bit
version for intel on the system.
Do I have to backup the data I have in my $HOME directory to load after
the i386 OS and retain the $HOME contents?????

If you have time to spend or willing to learn something inthe process,
that can be fun to play with it.

In your case, I would do a fresh install of Debian with 'home' as a
separate partition,.

Don't forget to always backup before you do something on your host.

--
John Doe