Re: Cron Jobs and Time Zones Has Anything Changed?

Hello,

On Thu, Dec 03, 2020 at 07:39:14AM -0600, Martin McCormick wrote:
> I am guilty as charged but haven't yet found the relevant information
> as to how systemd helps solve this issue.

You can put a time zone in a systemd timer. I can't see how it can
be stated any simpler than that.

If you want to ask the question, "How do I make a systemd timer that
runs a command at a given time in a given time zone?" just ask that
question! Though I am surprised that just looking up documentation
on systemd timers doesn't answer that question for you.

If that is not your question, well, what is your question? So much
text written without clear statement of problem! Sort of ironic that
this started with asking why there are 3.5MiB of files in
/usr/share/zoneinfo/ - has more than 3.5N of data been created yet
between these couple of threads?

Cheers,
Andy