Re: Fixing a Grub Foul-up, Not There Yet.

I am going to respond to one of my earlier posts as it doesn't
help things at all to spread misinformation which I am guilty of,
here.
"Martin McCormick" <martin.m@suddenlink.net> writes:
>         I appear to be using grub, not grub2.

	No.  It's grub2.  Old Grub is now grub-legacy and is
probably a dead fly on somebody's wall by now.

>         There's an extra little wrinkle in that, as a computer
> warier who happens to be blind, grub isn't really accessible in
> that you can not get direct access to it via a serial port and
> terminal, say, from another computer that is actually working.

I was simply wrong there.  Of course, one has to have the lines now
in /etc/default/grub that used to be in menu.lst but the idea is
the same.  If one has a serial port which is available at boot
time, grub should work headlessly.

	The issue with the instance of grub that seems to have a
run-time error due to a problem with modules, may be unusual
because it may actually be a goner before it runs since it
doesn't get to load it's modules.

Martin