Re: Fixing a Grub Foul-up, Not There Yet.

Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org> writes:
> in /boot/grub/menu.lst
>
> serial --unit=0 --speed=9600 --word=8 --parity=no --stop=1
> terminal serial
>
> (yes, that's two lines)
>
> I hope that helps.
>
> If you want the option of either serial or console access,
> replace the second line with
>
> terminal --timeout=10 serial console
>
> The default will be serial, but if you press a key on the
> console within 10 seconds, it will go there instead.
>
> -dsr-

	Thank you.  That is a tremendous thing to know.  I
thought there was something serial in grub but I couldn't
remember.  This is the first time I ever had any real trouble
with grub and I can put this drive back on the working linux box
and modify that file, assuming the change would take place on the
next run of grub.

	Martin