Re: NTFS partitions can't be mounted

On 11/25/20 2:54 PM, The Wanderer wrote:
On 2020-11-25 at 12:31, Linux-Fan wrote:

Kanito 73 writes:

Hello

Al the previous issues I published are now solved. Relative to the
RTL8821CE, I searched for a module rtl8821ce.ko but the generated
module was just 8821ce.ko so when I loaded the only RTL*
(rtl8821ae.ko) the right 8821ce.ko was already loaded and I thought
it was the rtl8821ae activating my wifi. [SOLVED]

Now I have another BIG problem.  I installed both Windows10
(version OCTOBER 2020) and Debian 10.0.6 in dual boot and left a
large NTFS partition for data on the primary disk (HDD) and the
whole secondary disk (SDD) also as a unique NTFS partition.
Well, I installed Windows, then Installed Linux and tested the NTFS
  partitions from Linux (Debian) mounting and copying some files
successfully.
[...]

So I think that Windows 10 locks the partitions or something weird
is going on.
The Wanderer's post contains a more elaborate explanation of the
immediate issue you are most likely facing: Windows going into
suspend-to-disk rather than actual shutdown.

A  possibility to bypass the fastboot/rapid startup technology is to
use suitable arguments to the Windows `shutdown` command.
Yeah, I thought of that after hitting Send. The syntax for "shut down
now" should be 'shutdown /s /t 0'.

It used to be possible to bypass it by doing a right-click on the
Windows logo in the lower left and then choose "Shutdown" from that
menu but I am not sure if this still works.
No, to the best of my awareness it does not. If it *does*, I'd be quite
interested to learn that.

Microsoft changes the system required to kill the fast-boot every so often,
almost surely to make it difficult for users of Linux to access Windows from
the Linux system. The routine as I last used it, a couple of months ago,
requires that you become Administrator in the Windows system, which
is not really very straightforward, but is doable. Then you access the
terminal and type in a word or two, and return. It's on the web--Firefox
is your friend.
--doug