Re: clipgrab as alternative to youtube-dl

On 11/17/20 2:41 PM, The Wanderer wrote:
On 2020-11-17 at 16:27, Fred wrote:

On 2020-11-17 at 15:21, Fred wrote:

I also looked into compiling the source code which is often as easy as
following some simple instructions.  The compile makes use of qmake
which gives the error:

qmake: could not exec '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/qt4/bin/qmake': No such
file or directory

/usr/bin/qmake is a link that points to /usr/bin/qtchooser which is
picking the wrong version of qt.  Qt5 is needed and is installed.  I
have set an environment variable QT_SELECT=qt5 but the chooser is not
fooled.  So, if the binary is not usable how do I select qt5?

I think you have the qtchooser syntax wrong.

'man qtchooser' says that the value passed to QT_SELECT is the same as
that which would be passed to 'qtchooser -qt='. Testing that, I get:

$ QT_SELECT=4 qtchooser -print-env
QT_SELECT="4"
QTTOOLDIR="/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/bin"
QTLIBDIR="/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu"

IOW: the value you need to pass in is '5', not 'qt5'.

Hi,
You are quite right.  I don't see from the man page how one is required
to tell qtchooser to set the environment variable instead of doing it
oneself.  In a hurry I didn't notice the option -qt=version.

AFAICT, you don't need to tell qtchooser to do it. As the test still
quoted above shows, if you just set QT_SELECT and don't specify -qt=,
the other settings will be adjusted to match.

The practical necessities depend on exactly what is being invoked and
how, but it seems to me that if the build system is in fact calling
qtchooser, then setting QT_SELECT=5 should make it use Qt5.

Hi,
qtchooser -qt=5 -print-env    does change to 5

qtchooser -qt=5 does not change the version. Some command needs to follow.

qtchooser -print-env     shows "default"

To compile clipgrab:  qmake -qt=5 clipgrab.pro & & make
qmake is a link to qtchooser.

Best regards,
Fred