Re: Terminal window shrinks into title bar.....

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 11:31:22PM +1100, David wrote:
> I did a quick search for a fvwm manpage and found:
>   https://manpages.debian.org/buster/fvwm/fvwm.1.en.html
> """
> WindowShade [bool]
>   Toggles the window shade feature for titled windows.
>   Windows in the shaded state only display a title-bar.
> """
> so I guess you need to unbind whatever changes that
> state from your mouse button and key bindings.

Very interesting.  A whole entire feature that I never knew about because
I'm using my legacy fvwm config file (which predates this feature and
doesn't make use of it), and because my mouse doesn't have a scroll
wheel in the first place.

Looking at what I believe to be the default Debian fvwm config file
(/usr/share/fvwm/default-config/config) I find this chunk:

#   TitleBar: Click to Raise, Move, Double Click to Maximize
#             Mouse Wheel Up/Down to WindowShade On/Off
#   Borders: Click to raise, Move to Resize
#   Root Window: Left Click - Main Menu
#                Right Click - WindowOps Menu
#                Middle Click - Window List Menu
#   Right click TitleBar/Borders for WindowOps Menu
Mouse 1 T    A RaiseMoveX Move Maximize
Mouse 1 FS   A RaiseMove Resize
Mouse 4 T    A WindowShade True
Mouse 5 T    A WindowShade False
Mouse 1 R    A Menu MenuFvwmRoot
Mouse 2 R    A WindowList
Mouse 3 R    A Menu MenuWindowOpsLong
Mouse 1 I    A RaiseMoveX Move "Iconify off"
Mouse 3 T    A Menu MenuWindowOps
Mouse 3 I    A Menu MenuIconOps

So, if you comment out the "Mouse 4" and "Mouse 5" lines there (and
restart fvwm), I bet that would disable the WindowShade binding to
the scroll wheel.  You could still activate or deactivate it through
the menus, assuming you leave those in place.