Re: Sid random crash with no clue in log files

On Wed, 28 Oct 2020 16:09:33 +0100
Sébastien Kalt <skalt@throka.org> wrote:

> I'm having random crashes on my ASUS PN50 mini PC : sometimes it's
> while copying large files through network, sometimes when watching a
> youtube video, sometimes juste using LibreOffice, or going nothing ...

> Do you have any suggestions to find what might be causing this ?

I suspect something, likely RAM, isn't properly seated. I would: remove
and re-seat any socketed ICs, and any daughter boards. Replug all
cables.

Install and run memtest86 for several hours.

If you have played with hardware settings in the BIOS, set them back to
factory values.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com