Re: PC wont boot to GUI

David

Thanks for your help, this solved my problem. I did however need to figure out how to connect my computer to the internet:
I did open my sources.list file but there was no need to add "contrib" and "non-free" as these were already in the list.
# ip link    this returns the name of the ethernet on my machine it was enp2s0
# ip link set enp2s0 up
# dhclient enp2s0
# ip addr     this now shows that I have an ip address on my network given by my router

Then run

#
apt install firmware-amd-graphics

Reboot and life is good now :-)

Regards,
John Figie

On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 7:01 AM Greg Wooledge <wooledg@eeg.ccf.org> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 01:18:42PM +1100, David wrote:
> You need to install the firmware.
> You do that by running this command as superuser:
>
> # apt install firmware-amd-graphics

You may have to add "contrib" and "non-free" to your sources.list first,
and then run "apt update".

See <https://wiki.debian.org/SourcesList#Example_sources.list> if
you need instructions for editing the file.