Re: Mounting a USB device

On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 02:20:14PM -0400, Kenneth Parker wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 27, 2020, 11:51 AM Mick Ab <recoverymail123890@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > If a filesystem in /etc/fstab has a noauto entry, can that filesystem only
> > be mounted manually using the mount command or
> > is there any chance that it will be automatically mounted by
> > usbmount ?
> >
> > The filesystem is used in a USB port.
> >

> I have a dislike of Gnome, because it seems to mount  *every*  Filesystem I
> have, even ones that I consider sensitive.
>
> But it doesn't occur until the GUI comes up.  (I set the SystemD Default
> Target to multi-user and only type "systemctl start graphical.target" after
> I finish my "Apt Ritual").
>
> Not sure what Gnome Package does this.  Any Gnome Experts here?

Not a Gnome expert, but I play one on TV (well, my favourite search
engine [1] does that, actually ;-)

It seems that Nautilus, the file manager is the one doing it [2] (or,
controlling it, actually). It can be disabled, it seems.

Cheers

[1] No, not that one with the G.
[2] https://askubuntu.com/questions/18926/how-to-control-gnomes-auto-mounting-capabilities

 - t