Re: Mounting a USB device

On Tue, Oct 27, 2020, 11:51 AM Mick Ab <recoverymail123890@gmail.com> wrote:

If a filesystem in /etc/fstab has a noauto entry, can that filesystem only be mounted manually using the mount command or
is there any chance that it will be automatically mounted by
usbmount ?

The filesystem is used in a USB port.

I have a dislike of Gnome, because it seems to mount  *every*  Filesystem I have, even ones that I consider sensitive.

But it doesn't occur until the GUI comes up.  (I set the SystemD Default Target to multi-user and only type "systemctl start graphical.target" after I finish my "Apt Ritual").

Not sure what Gnome Package does this.  Any Gnome Experts here?

Kenneth Parker