Re: The .xsession-errors problem

On Tuesday, October 27, 2020 11:05:31 AM Teemu Likonen wrote:
> * 2020-10-26 20:04:55+03, Reco wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 06:35:45PM +0200, Teemu Likonen wrote:
> >>   - Do you configure some rotating system, perhaps with logrotate(8)?
> >>
> >>     (Why doesn't Debian have this automatically?)

I simply (like someone else mentioned on the list) truncate the file
periodically (actually, once every minute) using a crontab with a task like
this:

  *  *  *   *   *     echo "Cleared on $(date) by $USER cron" >
/home/<username>/.xsession-errors

Back in some day, the .xsession-errors was growing by, iirc, multiple messages
every second.  (This might have been in Debian Wheezy, or a Debian before
Wheezy, or even in a version of Mandrake / Mandriva.)