Re: Replacement Email Client

On Sun, 25 Oct 2020, at 20:18, Charles Curley wrote:

> Indeed, same as claws-mail. M. Bartek is using claws-mail now, and
> wants to get away from it because he doesn't want to log in to the mail
> account? I'm not following, either.

I think there's a difference between a mail which has an html copy of
plain text, where images etc that might be required for the html page
can be fetched from servers - in that case a browser will be able to
display the page well ... and emails which contain html and a set of
associated image attachments.

In the latter case, just dumping the html into a temporary file and
pointing a browser at it won't also give the browser access to the
associated images, unless (I suppose) a folder full of images are
passed to the browser as well as the html page, AND the image
references inside the html somehow are modified from whatever
would have worked inside an email client, so that they browser
can pick up the images in the folder.

By "logging-in", I guess the OP is referring to using a webmail system
where the webmail server presents an integrated view of the html page
and the unpacked embedded attached images.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.