Re: Replacement Email Client

On Sat, 24 Oct 2020 19:50:14 -0500
Leslie Rhorer <lesrhorer@att.net> wrote:

> On 10/24/2020 6:04 PM, Patrick Bartek wrote:
> >
> > Hi! All,
> >
> > Looking for recommendations for a lightweight email client that will
> > handle HTML as well as plain text
>
> 	I want to know that, myself.
>
> > deal with GNOME-systemd, etc. dependencies. (I don't run GNOME
> > anyway, only a window manager Openbox, and use sysvinit and not
> > systemd as
>
> 	I don't run Gnome, either, but I did take the plunge and
> learn enough about systemd to get along.  I still don't like it, and
> it remains a very obtuse system designed to do things that fail to
> impress me.  It seems it may be inevitable to become universal.
> <sigh>

As long as there are those who don't want systemd, someone out there
will fill that need. That's why Devuan exists (and some others).

I've been testing Devuan Beowulf (Buster) with the Openbox window
manager (my normal configuration) for several weeks now and it's stable,
has all the apps that Debian does. Works just fine without systemd. So,
it can be done. Time will tell.