Re: Server for Jitsi; was: Zoom.

Am 22. Oct, 2020 schwätzte peter@easthope.ca so:

From: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 11:16:01 -0400
... I use and recommend Jitsi as a Free Software alternative.

Do you self-host?  Any 3rd party host recommendable?

If you need the service for a Free Software project talk to FOSShost about
them hosting for you.

https://meet.jit.si/ is a no cost service available for use from the jitsi
project and 8x8 ( the company sponsoring and funding the jitsi project ).
We used this service for RaiseMe's 1 on 1 career counseling sessions last
weekend. It worked well.

https://FOSShost.org/

You can also pay 8x8 for an account. I pay $10/mo, but don't know if
that's current pricing.

I don't use it much as I've mostly moved to my hosted Big Blue Button
instance. That's more expensive, $40/month, but had a waiting room
feature in the Spring when I decided on one platform or another for my
local group.

https://www.BigBlueMeeting.com/

I've been quite happy with it. BBB does have limitations if lots of people
are sharing video, but for me that's usually not more than a couple people
at a time.

Also, kidling school is using BBB. All the friends were used to BBB when
school started as they'd been using my instance all Summer :).

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com   https://www.PhxLinux.org
#  Your email is being read by hundreds of uptight agents