Re: Server for Jitsi; was: Zoom.

peter@easthope.ca wrote:
> From: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
> Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 11:16:01 -0400
> > ... I use and recommend Jitsi as a Free Software alternative.
>
> Do you self-host?  Any 3rd party host recommendable?

I run three instances of Jitsi; two for my company (one is a
test and can probably go away now) and one at home.

Jitsi needs lots of bandwidth, but not too much RAM. A virtual
machine with 2-4 cores, 4GB RAM, and 10GB disk space will do
just fine for 30+ users, as long as the bandwidth is cheap and
plentiful.

If you have geographic clustering, find someone with a
datacenter in that location.

-dsr-