Re: Running HGST's DFT utility from a flash drive

On Thu, 22 Oct 2020 at 05:07, Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org> wrote:

> But I suspect that we now know why the DFT utility can't see it:
> because DOS can't see it, because DOS doesn't have any SATA
> support. The best that can be done is providing a virtualized
> interface, and that won't let you interrogate the disk.

Hmmm. That error message from LOADDFT.EXE and its name
makes me suspect that LOADDFT.EXE could possibly be the
driver that needs to be loaded before running DFT-V300.EXE.

At a guess, I would try adding something like
  DEVICE=LOADDFT.EXE
to your CONFIG.SYS file. [1]

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CONFIG.SYS