Re: which package can convert barcode image to url?

On Wed, 21 Oct 2020 14:35:52 +1300
Richard Hector <richard@walnut.gen.nz> wrote:

> On 21/10/20 2:19 pm, Long Wind wrote:
> > On Tuesday, October 20, 2020, 9:06:25 PM EDT, Richard Hector
> > <richard@walnut.gen.nz> wrote:
> >
> > .
> > After installing imagemagick (and zbar-tools), and reading some man
> > pages, this worked:
> >
> > richard@zircon <mailto:richard@zircon>:~$ convert dierge_16.jpg
> > -sharpen 0x3 - | zbarimg -
> > QR-Code:http://stock.pingan.com/huodong/AnEXZ/down.html
> > scanned 1 barcode symbols from 1 images in 0.01 seconds

This also worked for me. Thanks, Richard.

My iPhone did decode it correctly, both the native camera and the
'Barcode to PC' app.

> > Cheers,
> >
> > Really? it's unbelievable
> > qr code in image is in black and white, it's not taken by camera,
> > so no fuzzy logic is needed by decoder
> > image source:
> > https://stock.pingan.com/static/info/download/app.html
>
> Strange that they provide a blurry image.

They could have provided a larger image. This is only 87 x 86 pixels.
Images I've generated are more like 123 x 123 or 171 x 171.

Note that the file size of mine is an order of magnitude smaller, 484
bytes v. 6457.

qtqr also failed to decode dierge_16.jpg.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/