Re: Appimage file that does not launch

On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 17:15:43 +0200
Hervé <herve.caramona@gmail.com> wrote:

> what is the exec bit? I made the executable file in permission, and am
> trying to run it. As on the other distribution.

First, please reply to the list so others get the benefit of the
exchange.

Second, please quote what you are replying to, so that I and others know
what you are talking about.

Most file transfer protocols will refuse to set the execute permission
bit on a transferred file, as a security measure. So after you pull in
an executable, you have to set the appropriate execute bit(s) to make it
possible to run it. E.g.:

chmod u+x file

So the answer to my question is, yes.

--