Re: [SOLVED] Re: Juk hangs after launch

On Sun, 27 Sep 2020 15:18:00 +0200
<tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

> > If you just hit the front panel reset button, there's not really a
> > lot any software can do to help.
>
> Oh, yes. A better error message (in this case, it turned out juk
> decided to rebuild its cache, which takes time -- so a message
> "rebuilding cache, please wait") instead of disappearing would be the
> right thing to do.

If rebuilding the cache takes that long, I suggest that rebuilding
should also be interruptible. That is, on being told to shut down, the
program should save its state in such a way that the next time the user
runs it, it can pick up where it left off. With an announcement!

As Brad Rogers wrote, that would be useless in the event of hitting the
physical reset button. That's why hitting the reset button is a last
resort.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com