Re: Juk hangs after launch

On Sat, Sep 26, 2020 at 03:53:05PM +0200, local10 wrote:
> Sep 26, 2020, 12:52 by sea7kenp@gmail.com:
>
> > From Root:  1 "ps axu" (no quotes).
> >
> > 2 Determine Task Number of juk.
> >
> > 3 "kill -9 ____" where ____ is that task number.
> >
> > -9 means *really* Kill it!
> >

> That did not help.  After running "kill -9 $jukProcessNumberHere" and then restarting juk the issue is still there: juk hangs and cannot even show its window properly.

Hrm. As I said, barring some magic, Juk should be gone after
reboot anyway, so killing won't help.

Did you actually /see/ a running juk process as per instruction
(1) above? BTW: no need to be root for that. Actually better *not*
be root.

Other critique of those instructions: juk is an user application,
so no need to be root for (2) .. (3) either; Don't kill -9 right
away, first try plain kill (with no number), that is equivalen
to kill -15 (SIGTERM). This gives the application the chance to
clean up after itself (possibly removing a lock file). ONLY if
the application doesn't go away (check with ps) you should
resort to kill -9.

Possibly the application has left behind a lock file. This might
live somewhere in /run.

You might try to start the application from the command line,
perhaps there are error messages giving you some hints.

Cheers
 - t