Re: crc not installed but rsync using it? ...

On 2020-09-25 23:42, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Friday 25 September 2020 18:10:42 Stefan Monnier wrote:

> He may have changed it, but at the time I first started using it on
> a "pc" it had to be registered before it would access the 2nd port.

I don't understand what you're referring to:
- What is the "it" that had to be registered?

That edition of dd-wrt. You had to get a keyfile from brainslayer. You
didn't have to get one to go with a router version.  And it sometimes
took most of a week for him to service your key request.

- With whom/what did it have to be registered?
- What 2nd port of what?

The second ethernet port of the pc you built to run it.

When all this internet kicked off I thought anybody could have a go but apparently you need to be with a provider.

mick

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31