Re: crc not installed but rsync using it? ...

On Friday 25 September 2020 12:06:07 John Hasler wrote:

> I wrote:
> > Same here, though I use a pc running Debian as a router.
>
> Gene writes:
> > ...I found I didn't have to register the router...
>
> Don't know what you mean by that.

He may have changed it, but at the time I first started using it on
a "pc" it had to be registered before it would access the 2nd port.  The
router reflashes didn't need that. That was obviously more than a decade
back up the log.

> My DSL modem is in bridge mode, of
> course, and pppoe on the pc just works.  The old Dell I use has been
> running for about ten years now.  Will be replaced as soon as I find
> an affordable ARM board with two NICs.

Very niche market John, doubtfull now that the r-pi has been sold. We may
find that by carefull inspection of the routers available though. But it
won't be sold as anything but a router. We'll likely have to look thru
the camo cloaking of its router propaganda to find it. High likelyhood
we already have it and we've not looked in the proper place.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis