Re: crc not installed but rsync using it? ...

On Friday 25 September 2020 09:25:20 John Hasler wrote:

> Gene writes:
> > No you are not the only one, but you are a minority that does not
> > always want to understand how to use the internet and be safe at the
> > same time.  It can be done, I'm doing it.  And I've been doing it
> > since the later 90's.
>
> Same here, though I use a pc running Debian as a router.

I did too, John H., until that PC upchucked something over a decade back,
and I found I didn't have to register the router, much much easier to
maintain. The CF boot media for the PC was a PITA. Lasted 6 months at
best with the ext3 filesystem abusing it. And used around 200 watts. The
Buffalo Netfinity router might use 10 watts.  With the radio turned off,
even less.

Stay safe and well, John.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)