Re: crc not installed but rsync using it? ...

On 9/25/20, Greg Wooledge <wooledg@eeg.ccf.org> wrote:

>> > Why do you think you need to do this? What do you hope to achieve by
>> > doing this?
>>
>> Perhaps the answer might be hinted at in postings like:
>> https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2019/10/msg00449.html
>> https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2020/08/msg00352.html

 Yes, I am the one who posted both messages and, as I said, in my kind
of reality I can't "simply" connect my work computer to the Internet
and "just" go: apt-get ...

 I never connect my work computer to the Internet. That is why I
always install packages locally via dpkg, which is an option debian
users have, no? I see a lot of people asking the same kinds of
questiions I ask, so it seems as Lenon sang that "I am not the only
one"