Re: crc not installed but rsync using it? ...

On 9/24/20, Sven Hartge <sven@svenhartge.de> wrote:

> Why do you think you need to do this? What do you hope to achieve by
> doing this?

 I have losts of (not necessarily all) text files (say in the 10 of
thousands) in various directories which I need to process in a batch,
but before I do that I want to make sure that I get a baseline of the
source files. I use:

 a)  crc
 b)  md5sum
 c) sha###sum

 because those are three different checksum utilities based on
different algorithms which work fast enough and offer a set signatures
which are good enough.

 My thinking may (once again) be a bit unhinged, but I would use,
e.g., crc because it internatlly used by rsync, which I also use in my
code.

 So, how do you think I can improve my baselining of the source files?