Re: [SOLVED] Re: VirtualBox - vboxpci

Hi Klaus/all,

So is everything alright now?

By the way, why do you think you have to sign vboxpci as well?
You certainly need to sign vboxdrv if you have enabled Secure Boot, probably vboxnetadp & vboxnetflt, but not necessarily vboxpci...
>From what I saw, Virtualbox setup scripts are designed to detect if you have installed vboxpci and so need to sign it. Output is customized. Is it what you get?

By the way, I'm not sure to understand everything myself...

I have SB enabled and got the message "vboxdrv.sh: You must sign these kernel modules before using VirtualBox: vboxdrv vboxnetflt vboxnetadp" recently.

So I followed https://gist.github.com/reillysiemens/ac6bea1e6c7684d62f544bd79b2182a4 (+ comments below to adjust the script appropriately for Debian 10).
Now "systemctl restart vboxdrv" works (loaded & active) and there is no fail error in journalctl (before that, I got "Failed to start VirtualBox Linux kernel module").

However, I still get the message "vboxdrv.sh: You must sign these kernel modules before using VirtualBox: vboxdrv vboxnetflt vboxnetadp" in journalctl (!)

A manual "/sbin/vboxconfig" is replacing my signed modules /lib/modules/5.4.0-0.bpo.2-amd64/misc/{vboxdrv,vboxnetadp,vboxnetflt}.ko with unsigned ones causing "modprobe vboxdrv" to fail ("Lockdown: modprobe: unsigned module loading is restricted").

I don't have a VM setup yet. Am I supposed to get errors when I would launch one VM because of my unsigned modules supposedly? In the end, are my modules signed (hexdump tells me they are) or unsigned (see journalctl)? Maybe I didn't sign the appropriate ones?

Thanks in advance :)
Best regards,
l0f4r0